Accident security Using GPS
In this project we will make project which will be fixed in Car. In case of any accident the our GSM modem will send sms on stored no. about the location via GPS reading.
GPS SYSTEM will give information about the location. We will use 89s52 for rxing data from GPS. A serial IC MAX 232 will be used to interface GPS with 89s52.
We will use 16*2 LCD to show all data reading from GPS receiver.
LCD will get data Microcntroller and will show North south coordinates and angle with respect to nearest satellite.
We will interface LCD at port 0 of 89s52. Rs , rw and en pins will be connected at port 2
Whole project divides into following parts
- Power supply- 5v and 9v power supply will be used for microcontroller and GM moidem circuit
- LCD interface- GPS rxed coordinates will be displayed on LCD
- Microcontroller- 89s51 or 89s52 will be used to get data from gps and totransfer data serially.
- GPS interface- it will work at 9600 baud rate
- GSM modem interface- we will use Toshan SM300 GSM modem working at 4800 baud rate
- Serial Interface- max 232 interface will be used.
The Global Positioning System (GPS) is a space-based global navigation satellite system that provides reliable location and time information in all weather and at all times and anywhere on or near the Earth when and where there is an unobstructed line of sight to four or more GPS satellites. It is maintained by the United States government and is freely accessible by anyone with a GPS receiver.
The output is serial data of 9600 baud rate which is standard NMEA 0183 v3.0 protocol offering
industry standard data messages and a command set for easy interface to mapping software and
Features of GPS receiver
- High sensitivity -160dBm
- Searching up to 65 Channel of satellites
- LED indicating data output
- Low power consumption
- GPS L1 C/A Code
- Supports NMEA0183 V 3.01 data protocol
- Real time navigation for location based services
- Works from +5V DC signal and outputs 9600 bps serial data
- Magnetic base active antenna with 3 meter wire length for vehicle rooftop installation
Crystal 11.592 MHz- 1 nos.
On/off Switch- 1 nos.
Diodes IN 4001- 10 nos.
Optocoupler 817- 2nos.
Cap 10µf,0.1 µf,330µf
Transistors -547or 548
Resistances 330 Ω,8.2kΩ,30pf
IC7805 voltage Regulator
Infrared sensors set
Copper Clad board