Automatic railway crossing system
AUTO Railway Crossing
In this project we control railway crossing system automatically. In this project we use total three control systems.
- Pre station monitoring system
- Auto open and close railway gate.
- fish plate open indication.
- Auto path indicator.
In pre station monitoring we will monitor station and display on second LCD when train is at other nearest station before that display. So we will try to use no of LCDs in this project on different stations .
- Auto open and close railway gate . this provision is very important version also. By using this technique we not only save the valuable life of human being but provide a smart modification in railway automation. Opening and closing of this door is provide by the stepper motor logic. Here we use stepper motor for opening and closing the door automatically. When we use this option then we use magnetic reed sensor for this purpose. By using this technique when train sense the magnetic sensor then railway gate is automatic open and automatic closed. For opening and closing the door we use two reed sensor.
- Auto indication of the fish plate indication. In this version we show that how we sense the fish plate broken indication. By using this technique when fish plate is open then red light is on and when fish plate is closed then green light is on.
- Auto tracking the railway path indication. In this option we use different reed sensor to monitor the position of the railway station step by step.
In this project we use ic 89c51 as a main microcontroller for process all these operations. Pin no 40 of the ic is connected to the positive supply. Pin no 31 is also connected to the positive supply. Pin no 20 is connected to the negative supply. In this project we use total 10 reed sensor. Out of these 10 sensor’s 8 sensor is connected to the auto path indication and 2 sensor’s is for the auto opening and closing railway gate. Reed sensor is a magnetic sensor when reed sensor sense a magnetic field then it provide a signal to the microcontroller for the further operations. Port p1.0 to port p1.7 is connected to the all reed sensors. Port p1 provide only 8 pins for the operation so other two reed sensor is connected to the port p3.5 and port p3.6.
1. TRANSFORMER (9-0-9) 01
2. LCD(2*16) 01
3. IC 89C51 01
4. IC 4049(INVERTER) 01
5. DIODE 4007 06
8. STEPPER MOTOR 01
9. LED RED 05
LED GREEN 01
10. PRESET 4K7 01
11. REED SENSOR 10
12. CRYSTAL OSC(12 MHZ) 01
13. TRANSISTOR 1061 04
- 8051 programmer universal kit
- CRO 20 Mhz
- Digital multimeter
- Keil for Programming
- OrCAD for PCB designing
- Proteus 7.6 Simulation
- Easy to fabricate
- Low cost
- Cost increase with in crease in cost.
- No reliable manufacturer in India